Thanks to its prominent international profile in teaching and research, Leipzig University is one of the most successful German universities in this area. The Akademisches Auslandsamt (International Centre) plays a key role acting as the interface of all internationalisation processes.
The ongoing internationalisation process carried out by the Alma Mater is expedited by:
- the embodiment of international objectives in the University mission statement,
- a proficient advisory structure for university members and guests,
- an efficient management of foreign relationships,
- effective PR outside the University
- a high degree of commitment and creative imaginativeness by the academics and employees.
Leipzig University connects with the world through activities in the following areas:
- student mobility and mobility of academics
- international PhD qualifications, for example through the Research Academy Leipzig
- Erasmus Mundus projects
- international study programmes
- international networking
- international projects in teaching and research.